Li-Heap Winter Program NOW OPEN
Applications must have all of the required documentation in order to be processed.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (Li-Heap) is a federally-funded program that provides utility assistance to approximately 7,000 low-income households each year. CSCDC provides assistances to households in Crawford and Sebastian Counties in Arkansas.
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is designed to lower the energy burden for low-income households with heating costs during the winter and cooling costs during the summer. LIHEAP only assists residential applicants; businesses are excluded from receiving the benefit.
Arkansas LIHEAP offers two types of assistance to qualifying households.
Regular: a fixed benefit amount based on an approved model plan that considers the household income, the number of household members, and the type of energy source (e.g., electricity, gas, propane, wood, pellets). The amount awarded to each household is based upon Federal Income Guidelines.
Crisis: a benefit up to a maximum amount established by policy that will prevent disconnection or restore service or provide energy/fuel when supply is depleted. Crisis assistance is used only for life-threating situation, shut-off notices and/or disconnects.
Li-Heap is comprised of two phases
- Winter Heating: Winter usually begins in January, it depends on the receipt of Federal Funds. During the Winter Season, Gas and/or Electric utility assistance is available for income qualified households. Only 1 regular and 1 crisis Winter application, will be considered for qualifying households. Primary heat benefit split between primary heat supplier and secondary heat supplier, if requested by applicant and applicant understands that the single payment for which eligibility is established will be split between the two (2) suppliers. The split is 50% to each supplier.
- Summer Cooling: Open enrollment for Summer usually begins in July depending on the receipt of Federal Funds. Electric is the only utility paid during the Summer Season for qualified households. Only 1 regular and 1 crisis Summer application, will be considered for qualifying households.
Eligibility requirements for Li-Heap are based on income, household size, available resources and responsibility for payment of the home energy cost. “Household” is defined as individuals living “under the same roof” with one utility meter. Everyone who uses the same meter or utility must apply together. Only 1 regular and 1 crisis are available per household, per season.
To qualify for LIHEAP assistance, you must meet each of the following requirements:
- Be responsible for payment of home energy bill (households are not eligible for LIHEAP if the utility bill is paid directly to the provider by someone who does not reside at the residence).
- To be eligible for Arkansas LIHEAP services, members of the household must be U.S. citizens or legal resident non-citizens.
- Meet countable resource standard including cash, checking or savings accounts, certificates of deposits, cryptocurrency, stocks, or bonds.
- Meet Federal Income Guidelines that vary according to household size.
You are encouraged to apply online, in-person, email ([email protected]) or mail during the open enrollment period.
Please allow CSCDC 30 days before checking on your application status. You may send an email to [email protected]. Please make sure that you state your name, last four of your social security number, and a current phone number where you can be reached. If you wish to call and leave a message, please leave the same information that is required in the email. You may call 479-785-2303, ext. 100.
When your application is processed and approved, we notify the utility companies with a “Promise to Pay”. The Promise to Pay will only remain on your account for 30 days. Therefore, you are responsible to notify us if the Promise to Pay fall’s off your account.
The qualifying household is responsible for paying the charges that exceed the approved amount, prior to Li-Heap’s payment. A copy of the receipt must be on file at the Li-Heap office in Fort Smith. Additionally, any new charges incurred are the responsibility of the applicant.
Li-Heap is not an entitlement program, federally funded programs are dependent upon the availability of federal funds.
Li-Heap benefits cannot be considered income or resources for any purpose under state or federal law, including taxation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for assistance, please complete and sign the application, provide all required documentation listed below. The application can be mailed, placed in our drop box (located on the right-side of our front door) or emailed to [email protected].
Our mailing address is CSCDC, P.O. Box 180070, Fort Smith, AR 72918.
1. Your completed application. If you are unable to utilize the on-line application, one may be mailed to you. Please call 479-785-2303 ext. 100 to request the application.
2. Copies of both your electric bill and gas bill. Please include any shut-off notices you have received.
3. Social Security numbers for all household members, regardless of age.
4. Proof of identification (copy of drivers licenses and social security card).
5. Proof on income for the previous month, SSI, SSA, SSD (a copy of your benefit letter is acceptable). You will need proof of unemployment/or proof of no unemployment these documents are available at the Fort Smith Employment Department. if no income, one of our case managers will be in contact with you to complete a Zero Income Form. If you have children under 18 living in your home you must provide child support documentation, even if you are not receiving child support. You can obtain documentation from the Child Support Office.
6. Other verification as requested
If more information is needed or you have been approved for assistance, we will contact you by mail.
Li-HEAP 2022 Assistance Stats
Regular Assistance Applications Paid
Crisis Assistance Applications Paid
Money Spent on Regular Assistance
Money Spent on Crisis Assistance
Please call us at 479-785-2303. Due to the high volume of calls, you may experience busy signals. Alternatively, you may email your QUESTIONS to the following email address, [email protected]
Interested in Lowering Your Utility Bills for Good?
Visit our Weatherization Page and learn how you can receive free weatherization for your home resulting in lower energy usage, therefore lowering utility costs for the rest of your time in your home. You do not have to own your home in order to qualify. Click the button below to learn more!